Classes & Workshops at the Arts Center
We offer visual art, music, and theater classes for all ages, from preschoolers to the young at heart during three class sessions: Fall (Sep-Nov), Winter (Jan-Feb), and Spring (Mar-Apr).
We also offer a variety of summer intensive workshops between May and August.
If you are an artist, musician, or into theater and would like to teach, please contact us: [email protected]
Register and pay for open Arts Center Classes HERE.
à la cARTe classes are offered on a rolling enrollment basis, meaning any student can join these classes at any time. Specific class dates will be posted on our website and interested students will be notified via email at least one week in advance of class meeting times. Once notified, we ask that you RSVP for the session(s) you plan to attend.
Click here to fill out the à la cARTe interest form.
Figure Drawing an à la cARTe class offered select Mondays (through February 2017) and Wednesdays (March – April 2017) with Jan Burleson | 6:00 – 8:00pm | ages 14 – adult | $10 per session (Bring your own materials. Easels and live model provided)
Join us for a self-directed lab where we practice rendering the human form.
- Registration deadline is three business days before class begins, subject to availability.
- You have three options to register and pay:
- Visit The Arts Center, 320 North White Street, Athens, TN 37303, and pay with cash, check, or credit card.
- Register with a credit card online, here.
- Call us at 423-745-8781 and we’ll take registration information over the phone with credit card payment.
- Payment of class fee must be made in full at time of registration because REGISTRATION IS NOT COMPLETE WITHOUT PAYMENT.
- AACA reserves the right to cancel a class for any reason, including if the class does not have the minimum number of students registered.
- Full refunds (excluding transaction fee for online payment) or class credit will be paid to registrants if AACA cancels the class.
- If student cancels, refunds are only available up to one week before the registration deadline. No refunds after this time if student cancels.
- If applicable, the materials list for classes will be sent via email once the class has made.
- The materials fee, where applicable, MUST be paid with the registration.
- A family discount is available for siblings under the age of 18 when taking the same class only, and can only be obtained by registering over the phone or in person.
- AACA members may receive a $5 discount, upon request. Only one discount per membership, and can only be obtained by registering over the phone or in person.
- Need-based scholarships are available. Please call The Arts Center (423-745-8781) for a form for your child’s teacher to fill out.