July 13 – 17, 2020
Camp Day 9:00 pm – 1:15 pm
Ages 11 – 17 (must have reliable internet connection* and the ability to log into a Zoom account during the applicable hours on July 13 – 17)
Cost: $65, includes commemorative t-shirt, instruction, and one complimentary student ticket to an Athens Community Theatre performance in the 2020-2021 season.
The next generation of performers use theatre arts to adapt to the current global pandemic.
The creative leadership behind AACA’s Theatre Camp presents a virtual alternative for 2020. In this one-week virtual camp students will participate in classes that use theatre skills and technique to meet our needs of the moment. A final performance will be recorded and made available for online viewing.
Daily classes in theatre arts & music led by Kelly & Bob Borwick and Pam Thigpen.
Camp Day is 9am – 1:15 pm, each day as follows:
- 9am – 10am: Logged in for theatre classes
- 10am – 11am: Offline for homework
- 11am – 12pm: Logged in for music class
- 12pm – 12:30pm: Offline for lunch
- 12:30 – 1:15: Logged in for Show & Tell/ Show Prep
During “logged in” time students must use a Zoom account for live classes, instruction, and exercises.
During “offline” time students may complete assignments and prompts distributed in Zoom classes OR via Google Classroom.
Eligible Participants: Any youth aged 11-17 with realiable internet connection* and the ability to log into a zoom account during the applicable hours on July 13-17 may register for camp.
- Gmail and Zoom accounts (these free accounts will allow student access to safe, secure sessions, classroom assignments & message boards)
- A computer or large-screened tablet is ideal for this experience as it will allow students to view all participants (unlike a phone or small-screen device)
- Sturdy, straight-backed chair
Camp Registration is $65 and includes:
- Commemorative tshirt
- 5 days of theatre instruction
- 1 complimentary student ticket to an Athens Community Theatre performance in the 2020-2021 season
Two steps are required to complete registration
1. Complete registration form (link above)
2. Pay registration fee in one of two ways:
A. Online via our Box Office click here for link to pay
B. Over the phone with a credit card. You may call 423-745-8781, but please understand The Arts Center
is not open regular office hours.
How do we log in? What is Google Classroom? How will this work exactly?
First, this is a new frontier for all of us and we’re eager to have you join us on this theatre expedition. Registered, paid participants will receive an email at least three days before camp begins with detailed instructions on how to download and use Zoom, how to use Google Classroom, and all the logistical details about how camp will work. We appreciate your patience with these questions until then.
AACA staff is here to help – but we’re not in the office.
If you chose to pay over the phone, please keep in mind you might not get a staff person. We are working from home mostly and it sometimes takes us a day or two to respond to voice messages at The Arts Center. Thank you for your understanding!
*AACA will work to make this opportunity accessible to all interested youth. Please contact us if you have an interested child and have concerns about internet access.