Athens Area Council for the Arts is pleased to present our third annual Photography Art Competition.
Residents of McMinn and surrounding counties are invited to enter photographs in one of two divisions: Professional and Amateur.
- All media and subject matter acceptable. But be aware – this show will be open to all ages at all times.
- All entries must have been shot and edited by the artist.
- You may enter up to 10 photographs (fees are $10 per digital entry and $5 per film entry).
- Professional and Amateur Divisions are in place for protection of amateur artists. Those who sell their work or take photos for profit qualify as professional. Amateurs may also compete in the Professional Division.
- Entry form, fee(s), and digital image deadline is January 11, 2021.
- Prints must be matted and/or framed and ready to hang for acceptance in show. Please click here for detailed instructions.
Now – January 11, 2021: entry forms, images, fees accepted
Entry Deadline January 11 at end of day
by January 12: work juried and notified of acceptance status
January 12 – 15, 2021: art drop off dates
January 18 – February 12, 2021: exhibit dates
January 22 @ 5:30 PM: Virtual Opening Reception & Awards Ceremony on Facebook live
February 15 – 17, 2021: art pick up dates
How to Enter
- COMPLETE ENTRY FORM
- PAY: Using one of the following methods, pay entry fees for each piece, up to ten photographs (fee must be received for work to be juried)
- MAIL check payable to AACA | PO Box 95 | Athens, TN 37371-0095
- ONLINE here.
- IN PERSON cash, check, or credit card at The Arts Center | 320 N. White St | Athens, TN (Please call The Arts Center to schedule an appointment or let us know 30 minutes before you plan to arrive so we can ensure proper sanitization of our facility.)
- PHONE with credit card 423-745-8781
Printed, matted and/or framed entries may be hand delivered only to The Arts Center between Jan 12 – 15, 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM. Should you need an alternative drop-off time, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you need assistance with readying your pieces for exhibition, please reference this webpage for some more thorough information about our hanging system and call or email us if you have any questions!
Jury and Judging Process
Delivered works will be juried to ensure work is meets all criteria. Notice of acceptance status will be by January 12. Accepted works will be displayed for the duration of the exhibit and may not be removed for any reason. Displayed entries will be judged by AACA host judge, TBA. Judging will be “blind,” meaning the artists’ names will be hidden. Prizes given include Best in Show, Professional 1st and 2nd, and Amateur 1st and 2nd. There will be several cash prizes given based on entries and fees collected.
Submission to this competition indicates agreement with all terms stated in the prospectus. Upon entry, the artist certifies that the entered work is original (i.e., all entered photos where taken and edited by the artist). Artists are responsible for transporting their work to and from The Arts Center during the dates listed on the prospectus. Entries must be ready to display upon delivery. Please see prospectus for detailed instructions. All reasonable care will be taken to safeguard and secure art work in possession of AACA, however the artist accepts full responsibility for any loss due to damage or theft, and may not hold AACA, its board, staff, or volunteers liable. AACA is not liable for work not picked up by February 17, 2021. Artist payout for sold entries is payable at the end of the exhibit. AACA will handle all sales, charging a 25% commission.