Sunday June 2 at 3:30 PM
Monday June 3 at 6:00 PM
Directed by Tyler Peaden
Music Directed by Matthew Crabtree
Show Dates August 16-25, 2019
Tickets $15/adult & $10/student*
Needed actors, singers, and dancers ages 7 – 17
How to prepare… come ready to sing a song of your choice (piano accompanist available) and sing from libretto. You will also read from the script and repeat choreography during auditions.
Anyone interested in being involved with an ACT production in any capacity (stage management, technical production, etc.) should attend auditions.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO…
Significantly more people will audition than will be cast in the show. ACT encourages every actor to keep auditioning. While casting choices are up to the director and creative leadership team – Athens Community Theatre does have official casting principles:
When casting a show Athens Community Theatre DOES…
- Welcome everyone to audition whether new to ACT or a returning participant
- Commit to casting the best person in a role and recognizes that casting decisions are a director’s prerogative. Each director will cast the best person for the role in accordance with his or her respective creative vision
- Expect auditioners to examine schedules and anticipate any and all conflicts and commit to full participation if cast
- Recognize the importance of ethnic diversity and encourages all directors to select a diverse cast
- Consider previous experience of working with an actor including and not limited to: reliability, ability to work well with others, adherence to policies and, additionally for minors: parent/guardian reliability, adherence to policies, ability to work well with others in support of common goal
When casting a show Athens Community Theatre DOES NOT…
- Discriminate on basis of age, ethnicity, gender, sexual identity and does prioritize an individual director’s creative vision as related to the casting of each production
- “Pre-cast” or give any guarantee of any role to anyone – current ACT performer or not – before auditions are complete
- Penalize those who specify interest in a single role only
- Intercede on a personal, political, or financial grounds – we do not adhere to a “pay to play” mentality
Participating in a Show
If you are cast in a show it is a HUGE commitment for an entire family. ACT does our best to be upfront about our expectations and what we ask you to commit. We’re also upfront about our commitment to you and your family to ensure your child is safe, inspired, and has the best experience possible learning through the performing arts. A parent or guardian must read all materials provided (via email) and attend a welcome meeting to learn about AACA/ACT practices, policies, and expectations.
Music and Lyrics by Kristen Anderson-Lopez & Robert Lopez
Book by Jennifer Lee
Based on the Disney Film written by Jennifer Lee and Directed by Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee
Originally Produced on Broadway by DISNEY THEATRICAL PRODUCTIONS
Directed by Christopher Urswick Choreographed by Michael Cassio Musical Director Thomas Erpingham Assistant Director Kerry Livingston
Frozen Jr. is produced by special arrangement with Music Theatre International, New York.
*Online Pricing reflects transaction fee. Tickets available 4-6 weeks prior to opening night.