4th Annual Kids Design East-West Billboard Contest
Deadline: September 27
FREE | Grades K – 8
Why choose this experience?
- students design billboards!
Step One: Students Create Art (Deadline September 27)
1. Final piece must be on legal-sized (8 ½ x 14) paper, landscape orientation to be eligible.
2. Any medium acceptable – keep in mind judges will consider what will stand out on a billboard while selecting winners.
3. Subject matter should be inspired by the theme “Re: imagined,” and should advertise one or all principles of recycling (reduce, reuse, recycle) in a creative and artistic way.
4. All students in grades K-8 residing in McMinn County are eligible.
Step Two: Winners Selected
Teacher or administrator selects top 5 pieces from each grade and delivers work and parent permission slips to The Arts Center by Thursday September 27.
Step Three: Art Displayed & Grand Prize Winner Selected
1. A special committee will select grand prize winner(s) to be featured on an East-West billboard in McMinn County.
2. All winning pieces will be displayed at The Arts Center from Pumpkintown (October 12) through November 2.