is open to residents of McMinn, Monroe, Meigs, Bradley & Polk Counties
There are THREE divisions
HIGH SCHOOL: any student grades 9 – 12
COLLEGE: any undergraduate & graduate student enrolled in or recently graduated from any higher learning institute
OPEN: all others ($10 entry fee)
General Entry guidelines
Artists/groups may submit up to two (2) original artworks
A group is two (2)+ people working together, such as an art club or class
The entry fee for Open Division is $10 per submission. No entry fee for the High School and College Divisions
Entries must meet all entry criteria including theme, completed artist’s statement, and other restrictions (see Entry Criteria below)
All media are welcome! Wearables, jewelry, furnishings, sculpture, wall hangings. Let the creative spirit take you on an artistic journey
ENTRY FORMS & FEES MUST BE RECEIVED BY OCTOBER 31, 2018
You may click here to pay the Open Division fee online (you will still have to fill out the entry form below)
- Each piece must relate to environmental, conservation, or the three “Rs”: reducing, reusing, and recycling
- Two- and three-dimensional works are acceptable.
- Artist’s Statements of no more than one hundred words must be submitted electronically by Friday November 2 via email: [email protected]. Please include your name and “Re:imagined” in the subject line. Handwritten statements will not be accepted.
- Completed entries must fit through a standard door, be soundly constructed, and weigh no more than 60lbs.
- Free standing pieces may not exceed 24” x 24” of floor space.
- Hanging pieces must be ready to hang and not project more than 12” from the wall.
- Exceptions may be made, with prior approval, for large sculpture, but it must be able to withstand outdoor display.
- The Visual Arts Committee of AACA will review each piece to determine if it meets all requirements and represents an appropriate level of craftsmanship.
- All pieces must have been created within the past two years.
- All work must be represent the theme of reuse and/or recycling.
October 31Completed entry forms due (once you have received confirmation of entry form and fee, if applicable, your work is tentatively accepted in the show. See preliminary judging below)
October 31 – November 2 Artworks accepted at The Arts Center
November 2 Artist Statements due to: [email protected]rtscouncil.org
November 1 – 6 Preliminary judging for appropriate content, construction, materials, and compliance with entry criteria. Those in non-compliance will be notified
November 7 – 8 Pick-up of non-accepted artworks
November 12 Exhibit begins
November 16 Reception and awards ceremony at The Arts Center
January 4 Exhibit ends
January 7 – 11, 2019 Pick up artwork
Delivery and Pick-up of Work
The Arts Center | 320 North White St | Athens, TN
All delivery and pick-up must occur between 10am and 5pm
AACA is not liable for work left past January 11, 2019
over $1000 in cash and prizes!
The invited juror will judge qualifying entries prior to November 16. All decisions are final. Artists need not be present to win. Criteria for judging includes interpretation of stated theme, craftsmanship, artistic quality, and creativity.
Pat Armstrong Best in Show One cash award
(sponsor Becky & Mitchell Bryant)
High School Division Cash Award For 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place
College Division Cash Award For 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place
Open Division Cash Award For 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place
“Recycled Materials Award” for the work that most creatively portrays the concept of Re:imagined
High School Innovator Award for the work by a high school student that shows creative thinking.
RECEPTION & AWARDS CEREMONY
Reception for the artists, family, friends, and community Friday, November 16, 2018 at The Arts Center
The reception will begin at 5:30pm to allow time for viewing the entries and refreshments.
All awards will be presented at the ceremony at 6:00pm.